When I was just starting out with makeup few years back, the first thing I searched for was affordable makeup products. Yes as makeup was something new to me, I did not want to splurge and spend a lot in products I didn’t know how they’ll work. So now after a lot of research I have compiled this huge list of affordable makeup products in India as I wanted to help those who were like me searching for them. So without any further ado, here comes the list of Affordable Makeup Products in India that would be suitable for beginners.
BB creams are beginners best friend. BB creams are nothing but Blemish Balms that serves as a moisturizer, sun protector and gives light coverage. Anyone who wants to start with makeup should definitely try a BB cream. They are very easy to work with and can be done in matter of 2-3 minutes.
- Spinz BB Cream Rs. 52 for 15 gms :This is a new launched beauty & brightening cream from the house of CavinKare. It is silicone based, smoothens out pores and gives you a flawless natural finish. It is mildly hydrating and does not cause dry stretchy skin post application. Suitable for all skin types. And the most cheapest BB Cream in the Indian Market.
- Garnier Skin Naturals BB Cream SPF 24 Rs.69 for 9 gm: Best suited for Dry skin types, it provides sheer coverage with a natural dewy finish. Only one shade is available which will suit medium skin tones.
- Ponds BB Cream SPF 30 PA++ Rs.75 for 9 gm : Best suited for oily skin types, this BB cream provides light to medium coverage with a matte finish. Available in only one shade with strong yellow undertones that will suit fair to medium skin tones. It may not suit dark skin types as it leaves a white cast.
- Inveda BB cream SPF 20 Rs.150 for 15 ml : A herbal and paraben-free formula that gives sheer coverage with semi-matte finish. Suitable for normal to dry skin as it is slightly moisturizing. Makes skin look brighter with subtle glow. Available in 2 variants- Fair and Matt.
- Maybelline Clear Glow BB Cream SPF 21 PA++ Rs.250 for 18 ml : Provides light to medium coverage. Suitable for normal to dry or combination skin types. Available in 3 shades.
- Lakme CC cream Rs.275 for 30 gm : It is a thick cream with medium coverage and gives a flawless finish. Best suited for normal to dry skin. Available in 2 shades – Bronze and Beige. This cream tends to oxidise after application.
- Lotus Herbals Xpress Glow 10 in 1 Daily Beauty Crème SPF 25 Rs.299 for 30 gm : It is a hydrating creme best suited for dry skin types. Gives a perfect natural glow to the skin with a semi matte finish. Available in 3 shades.
Looking for Organic BB Creams in India?
For your makeup to stay in place for long hours, primers are a must. They give a smooth canvas for your base makeup and some of them even cover your pores and redness. Most of them are quite pricey. Here are some which are decently priced.
- Nivea Men After Shave Balm Rs.245 for 1ooml : Many youtubers and bloggers have raved about this after shave balm. It works great as a primer. The best part it suits oily acne prone skin and is the most affordable option.
- Coloressence Pre Makeup Base Rs.390 for 20 ml : Has a gel consistency that gives a silky feeling with a matte finish. Suitable for all skin types.
- Oriflame The One Illuskin Face Primer Rs.549 for 30 ml : Has a lotion consistency. Best for sensitive and oily skin types. Gives a radiant and illuminating finish to the makeup.
- Lakme Absolute Blur Perfect Makeup Primer Rs.650 for 30 ml : Has a mousse consistency. It is soft pink cream that gives a velvety matte skin. Suitable for oily and sensitive skin types.
Foundations form your base makeup. You need to be careful while choosing one. Find one that matches your skin tone and skin type. Here are few affordable options.
- Blue Heaven X Factor Foundation Rs.125 for 30 ml : Lightweight, medium to high coverage foundation with matte finish. It has good staying power too.
- Lakme Perfecting Liquid Foundation Rs.140 for 27 ml : Old school ‘white’ foundation with strong fragrance. Gives light to medium coverage with semi dewy finish. Available in 4 shades.
- Coloressence Aqua Base Makeup SPF Rs.150 for 35 ml : Provides light coverage with dewy finish. Available in 4 shades
- Elle 18 Glow Foundation Rs.150 for 30 gm : Gives sheer coverage with subtle glow. More like a BB cream. Suitable for oily to normal skin types. Contains no SPF. Available in 4 shades.
- Street Wear Color Rich Perfect Foundation Rs.185 for 30 ml : Buildable medium coverage foundation that gives a dewy finish. Good for dry skin types as it is hydrating. Available in 6 shades.
- Lakme Invisible Finish Foundation SPF 8 Rs.250 for 25 ml : Gives sheer coverage with satiny matte finish. Available in 8 shades.
Concealers help to conceal those dark circles, acne scars and blemishes that is not covered by foundations. They mostly offer medium to high coverage.
- Coloressence Roll on Panstick Rs.185 for 12.5 gm : This is actually both a foundation and concealer. It can be drying when used on whole face. But works great as a concealer. Provides medium coverage and hides minor blemishes and dark circles very well. Has a matte finish.
- Essence Coverstick Concealer Rs.249 for 5 gm : A medium coverage stick concealer that gives matte finish. Suitable for oily skin types. Available in 4 shades.
- Rimmel London Hide The Blemish Concealer Rs.325 for 4.5 gm : Creamy concealer best for covering blemishes. Has good coverage and staying power. Can be used as an eye primer too.
- Kryolan Derma Color Camouflage Crème Rs.350 This is a full coverage cream concealer that conceals blemishes, acne scars, dark circles and pretty much everything. Can be used as a foundation too but will be heavy.
Compacts are great for touch-ups throughout the day. They help to mattify the skin and set the base makeup too. Most of them can be applied even, without base makeup, on well moisturized skin for brighter radiant skin.
- Lakme Radiance Complexion Compact Rs.140 for 9 gm : Available in 4 shades . Super light on the skin with natural matte finish.
- Maybelline Fresh Super White 12 Hr Compact Rs.150 for 8 gm : Provides light coverage which is buildable. Perfect for oily-combination skin types as it gives a true matte finish. Available in 3 shades.
- Street Wear Color Rich Compact Rs.175 for 7 gm : Almost like a translucent powder with no to sheer coverage. Gives a matte finish. Available in 2 shades.
- Lakme Perfect Radiance Intense Whitening Compact SPF 23 Rs.210 for 8 gm : Available in 6 shades. Provides light to medium coverage with smooth and natural finish.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder Rs.250 for 14 gm. Provide light coverage with a perfect matte finish. Controls oil very well. Available in 8 shades.
Blushes give a nice wash of color to your skin without making them look flat. Light strokes of blush on your cheeks can give you the most natural looking flush.
- MUA Blusher Rs.240 for 2.4 gm : Availabe in 6 shades. Decent pigmentation and staying power. Applies chalky though.
- Coloressence Satin Smooth Highlighter Blusher Rs.250 for 5 gm : Available in 9 shades. Highly pigmented with semi glittery finish.
- Maybelline Cheeky Glow/Color Show Blush Rs.299 for 7 g. Available in 3 shades. The best bet. Smooth creamy texture, well pigmented and gives most natural satin finish.
- Lotus herbals natural blend botanical blusher Rs.375 for 2.8 gm : Herbal brand .Suitable for sensitive skin types. Absolutely no shimmer.
- Maybelline Dream Touch Blush Rs.400 for 7.5 gm : Available in 3 shades. Cream blusher with great pigmentation and long staying. Has a hint of shimmer which gives a soft glow.
To be honest as a beginner I did not use highlighters. But if you try once, you’ll absolutely be addicted. And you need a little practice too. You can use highlighters to highlight your cheek bones, brow bone, bridge of your nose and inner corner of your eyes.
- Coloressence Shimmer Highlighter Rs.375 : Gives a shimmery look. Apt for parties and not everyday wear. Available in 3 shades.
- Coloressence Face and Body Illuminator Rs.380 : This is more like a tinted moisturizer that gives a glow to your face.
- Sivanna Shimmer Highlighter Rs.425 : Creamy highly pigmented shades that looks so flattering and high end.
- Colorbar Radiant Glow Face Illuminator Pen Rs.525 : Gives a luminous glow that is natural and radiant.
- Makeup Revolution Vivid Shimmer Highlighter Rs.600 : 4 shades in one palette. Gives an amazing illuminating skin. Highly pigmented and long lasting.
- Faces Ultimate Pro Illuminating Powder Rs.650 : Well pigmented and gives a flattering glow that is long lasting.
Kajals are a staple among beginners. Most of us started out with kajals. They are used to define our eyes making it more classy and edgy.
- Elle 18 Eye Drama Twist Up Kajal Rs.135 for 0.35 gm : Creamy formula with intense pigmentation. Gives a shiny finish. It is waterproof but not totally smudgeproof.
- Faces Mageneteyes Kajal Rs.175 for 0.35 gm : Smooth texture that glides easily and has superb pigmentation.
- Lotus Herbals Colorkick Kajal Rs.199 for 0.28 gm :It is smudgeproof, waterproof and has good staying power and pigmentation.
- Maybelline Colossal Kajal Rs.199 for 0.35 gm : It is a smudgeproof proof, well pigmented matte kajal.
- Lakme Eyeconic Kajal Rs.210 for 0.25 gm : Smudgeproof , water resistant kajal.
- Lotus Ecostay Kajal Rs.325 for 1.2 gm : Pencil form, blackest black, water resistant and smudgeproof.
- Sugar Twist and Shout Fadeproof Kajal Rs.399 for 0.35 gm : Creamy texture with jet black matte finish.
Eyeliners enhances your eyes giving that glamorous and dramatic looking eyes. A simple wing can change your entire look. Here are some affordable ones.
- Lakme Insta Eyeliner Rs.110 for 9 ml : Long staying, water resistant formula but takes a little time to dry.
- Coloressence Supreme Liquid Eyeliner Rs.150 for 9 ml : Gives a glossy finish and has good staying power. The applicator is thick so not ideal for winged lines.
- Avon Simply Pretty Waterproof Eyeliner Rs.150 for 7.5 ml : Thin tip brush applicator for precise application. Smudegproof and non waterproof. Gives a matte finish.
- Blue Heaven Sketch Eyeliner Rs.205 for 1 ml : Felt tip eyeliner , smudgeproof , waterproof but application is little difficult due to the fine tip. Dries pretty fast.
- Lakme 9 to 5 Impact Eyeliner Eyeliner Rs.225 for 3.5 ml : Matte Finish Eyeliner that has decent pigmentation and staying power. Not waterproof though.
- Maybelline Hyperglossy Liquid Eyeliner Rs.300 for 3 gm : Intense black eyeliner with glossy finish. Stays all day long and doesn’t smudge.
Mascaras can lengthen and volumize your lashes. With no eye makeup, just a mascara can enhance your lashes and give you the most stylish looking eyes.
- Rimmel Extra Super Lash Building Mascara Rs.275 for 8 ml : Separates lashes very well and gives good volume. It is smudgeproof and waterproof.
- Coloressence Eyes Spy HD Volume Mascara Rs.319 for 15 ml : Unique wand applicator. Gives good curl and length. Smudgeproof and waterproof formula that stays for long.
- Maybelline Hypercurl Mascara Rs.325 for 9.2 ml : Available in 2 variants – washable and waterproof. Totally smudgeproof, gives amazing volume and length.
- Lakme Eyeconic Curling Mascara Rs.350 for 9 ml : Non waterproof mascara that gives average curling and staying power.
- Maybelline The Colossal Volume Xpress Mascara Rs.400 for 10.7 ml : Available in 2 variants – waterproof and non waterproof. Long staying, Smudgeproof mascara that gives good volume. Gives natural looking lashes that is suitable for everyday wear.
- Maybelline The Falsies Volum’ Express Mascara Rs.500 for 7.5 ml : Gives dramatic fuller looking lashes. Long lasting and waterproof formula.
Eyeshadows give a nice pop of color to your eyes. For beginners, if you do not know much about eye makeup and want mono colors you can use the blush as eyeshadow. Otherwise buying an eyshadow palette would be cost effective rather than buying single eyeshadows. Anyway here are some single eyeshadow options.
- Coloressence Pearl Effect Eye Shadow Pencil Rs.165 for 2.25 gm : Has a creamy and smooth texture with decent pigmentation but low staying capacity.
- Coloressence Single Matte Eyeshadow Rs.200 for 3.5 gm : Great pigmentation. Comes in a variety of Pearly and Satin matte collection.
- Revlon Colorstay Shadow Links Eyeshadow Rs.210 for 1.4 gm : Available in 15 shades. Has a medium color pay off with average staying power.
- PAC Pure Pigmented Eyeshadow Rs.250 for 2 gm : Available in 42 shades. High quality eyeshadow pans with smooth texture, amazing pigmentation and staying power.
- Makeup Revolution Single Eyeshadow Rs.295 for 3.3 gm : Comes in 46 shades. Rich pigmentation and blends easily.
Eye Shadow Palettes:
- Blue Heaven 4×1 Eye Magic Eye-shadow Rs.125 : Beautiful vibrant colors suitable for our Indian skintones. Decent pigmentation and staying power.
- Essence Sun Club Glamour to Go Eyeshadow Palette Rs.349 for 7.5 gm : A palette with 8 shades. Has a variety of wearble shades for every skin tone. Decently pigmented with good staying power.
- StudioWest Eyeshadow Palette Rs.475 : Tri eyeshadow palette with great pigmentation. These are shimmery shades with smooth formula that blends easily.
- Maybelline Diamond Glow Eye shadow Quad Rs.495 for 2.5 gm : Very smooth texture, well pigmented and has a long staying capacity.
- Lakme 9 to 5 eye quartet Rs.550 for 7 gm : Perfect for our Indian skin tone. Shimmery eyeshadows apt for weddings. Has great pigmentation and longevity.
- Maybelline New York Color Sensational Diamonds Eyeshadow Rs.575 for 2.4 gm : A palette with 5 shades so easy to creat different looks. Has decent pigmentation and smooth texture.
- Faces Glam On Color Perfect Eye-shadow Quad Rs.599 : Smooth formula that blends easily. Minimal fall outs.
- Lotus herbals Ecostay long lasting eye-shadow palette Rs.645 for 8 gm : A quad palette with colorful shades. Extremely soft & silky texture , well pigmented and long staying power.
Eye Brow Enhancers:
Well shaped eyebrows give a defined look to your entire face. Eyebrow pencils are used to define and fill in your eyebrows. So here are few affordable products to enhance your eyebrows.
- Lakme Eye Brow Pencil Rs.60 for 2 gm : This is a black eyebrow pencil, so use a light hand with this pencil. It is water resistant and smudgeproof.
- Rimmel London Eyebrow Pencil Rs.225 : Has a grooming brush attached to the pencil, best for filling in eyebrows. Comes in 3 shades.
- Maybelline Fashion Brow Duo Shaper Rs.245 : Has pencil tip on one side to define brows and powder tip on other side to fill in eyebrows. Comes in 2 shades brown and grey.
- Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara Rs.249 : A transparent gel mascara that enhances brows and lashes. Good for ladies with naturally fuller lashes and brows.
- Essence Make Me Brow Eyebrow Gel Mascara Rs.349 : It helps to keep brows in place and provides fuller look. Available in 2 shades.
Lipsticks are everyone’s favorite. Lipsticks can be matte or glossy and come in a verstile range of colors from nudes to pinks to peaches to browns. So here are some good affordable lipsticks.
- Elle 18 Color Pops Matte Lipstick Rs.100 for 4.3 gm : Comes in 20 shades. Creamy formula that settles into a velvety matte finish. Stays for 4-6 hours.
- Elle 18 Color Pops Lipstick Rs.120 for 4.3 gm : Creamy lipstick with glossy finish. Best for dry lips. Stays for 2-4 hours aprrox.
- Elle 18 Color Burst Lipstick Rs.120 for 4.3 gm: Glossy lipsticks that stays 3-4 hours.
- Elle 18 Color Boost Lipstick Rs.150 for 4.3 gm : These are less glossier than color pops.
- Organistick Lipsticks Rs.149 for 4 gm : Preservative and chemical free lipsticks. It has a creamy formula that settles into a semi matte finish. Stays for 3-4 hours.
- Iba Halal Pure Lips Moisture Rich Lipstick Rs.195 for 4 gm : Available in 22 shades. Halal and Vegan Brand. Decently pigmented and stays put for 2-3 hours.
- Coloressence Mesmerizing Lip Color Rs.199 for 4 gm : Comes in 32 shades. Stays for 3-4 hours. It can be drying.
- Street Wear Color Rich Ultra Moist Lip Color Rs.199 for 4.2 gm : Available in 24 shades. Creamy and moisturizing formula with semi matte finish.
- Blue Heaven Expression Lipstick Rs.125 for 4 gm : 56 shades. Not for dry lips. Decent pigmentation and staying power.
- Miss Claire Lip Creams Rs.175 depending on where you buy. Not easily available. Absolutely addictive.
These are not must haves. But if you are going for creamy lipsticks, some of them tend to bleed and go out of your lip line which makes your whole look shabby. At that time, lip liners comes handy. These can be used as a standalone product too.
- Miss Claire True Color Contour Waterproof Lip Liner Rs.200 : These are retractable pencils that has rich color pay off and gives a matte finish.
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Liner Rs.320 : Has a smooth texture that is easy to work with but can be drying at the end of the wear.
- PAC Colorlock Long Lasting Lip liners Rs.385 : Smudgeproof, waterproof formula with good color pay off. Gives a matte finish.
- Diana of London Absolute Moisture Lip Liner Rs.385 : Very long lasting, smudgeproof , transfer proof and waterproof lip liners.
- Lakme 9 to 5 Lip liner Rs.400 : Creamy lip liners that are silky soft and has decent staying power.
And don’t forget to check out the list of organic and natural makeup products in India. So that’s it ladies. I hope you find this post helpful. See you all again soon.
Until then, take care and,
Stay Beautiful ♥