Salicylic acid is one of the best skincare ingredients for all skin types. Though it has ‘acid’ in its name, it is basically a very mild skin peeling acid that can be derived from organic sources. It deep cleanses the skin, helps in curing acne, reduces dullness, and prevents acne breakouts. There are plenty of ways to incorporate this amazing skincare ingredient in your skincare but the best among them as a beginner is to use a Salicylic acid Cleanser for everyday skin cleansing and exfoliating.
Who should use Salicylic Acid Cleansers?
Salicylic acid penetrates deep into the skin and helps in unclogging skin pores. This property makes it an ideal choice for oily and acne-prone skin. It is also a great chemical exfoliator that gets rid of dead cells from the surface of our skin without vigorous rubbing. It helps in reducing active acne, fades old acne marks, and brings a glow to the skin. It is also suitable for mature skin.
How to Use Salicylic Acid?
For everyday skin cleansing and exfoliating, dermatologists suggest up to 2% concentration of Salicylic acid. For therapeutic skin peeling, 30-40% concentrated salicylic is used by dermatologists. Salicylic acid needs at least 15-20 seconds to start working on the skin. So, I apply it to my wet face and wait for 1 minute. Then I gently massage the skin and rinse it off with plain water. Salicylic acid is a strong product so you must build endurance with acid-based washes. In the beginning, keep the product for 10-20 seconds only. Gradually increase the time but do not keep this wash on the face for more than 2-3 minutes. Always apply a good quality moisturizer immediately after using Salicylic Acid Cleansers otherwise the skin will get very dry and flaky.
Best Salicylic Acid Cleanser & Face Wash of 2021
1. Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash is an alcohol-free gel-based face cleanser with 2% salicylic acid. The sebum dissolving micro clear technology penetrates deep into the pores and clears out the accumulated impurities.
- Budget-friendly salicylic acid face wash for oily, sensitive skin.
- 2-in-1 product; acts as cleanser and exfoliator.
- Unclogs pores and softens the skin from first use.
- Reduces acne, fades marks and brings a glow to the skin.
- Might feel too drying to dry skin types.
2. Cipla Saslic Foaming Face Wash
Cipla’a Saslic is one of the bestselling Medicated Salicylic Face Wash for Oily Skin. It is a Dermatologist Recommended Salicylic Acid Cleanser that comes in two different concentrations. The regular Saslic face wash containing 1% salicylic acid is suggested to beginners or people with sensitive skin while the Saslic DS formula comes with 2% salicylic acid for faster actions.
- Deeply cleanses the skin and regularizes the exfoliation process of the skin.
- Unclogs pores and treats blemishes and scars left by healed acne.
- Prevents existing acne from causing large pit-like lesions.
- The foaming face wash formula can be quite drying on delicate skin.
3. Kaya Acne Purifying Cleanser
Developed by dermatologists, the Kaya Purifying Cleanser is an excellent salicylic acid face wash for oily acne-prone skin. It’s designed to control acne breakouts without drying out the skin too much.
- Deeply cleanses pores from within.
- Reduces acne and prevents future breakouts.
- Provides soothing and cooling effect on the skin.
- Not SLS & Paraben Free.
4. Rejuglow Face Wash
Rejuglow Face Wash is a gentle exfoliating face wash with Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid. The Salicylic Acid in it unclogs pores and helps to reduce blackheads. The face wash also noticeably reduces sebaceous filaments and whiteheads. It’s a glow treatment product that lightens acne marks, removes tan, and rejuvenates the skin.
- Contains 2% Glycolic Acid and 1% Salicylic Acid.
- Clarifying gentle face wash yet non-drying.
- Enriched with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E.
- Exfoliates the skin.
- Great for control excess oil and acne breakouts.
- Suitable for both men and women.
- Contains fragrance.
5. Cosrx Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser
Cosrx Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser is a non-drying skin cleanser for soft and smooth skin. It’s formulated with 0.5% Salicyclic Acid to keep acne at bay by removing dead skin cells. This gentle and vegan formula is free from harmful parabens, sulfates, and pthalates.
- The creamy foam draws out the impurities from the pores.
- Provides soft-to-touch skin with fewer textures.
- The formula is extremely gentle for all skin types.
- Can be drying for dry skin.
6. Innisfree Bija Trouble Facial Foam
- This foam wash controls the sebum and keeps skin oil-free for long.
- It penetrates deep into the skin, prevents and cures acne.
- This exfoliating face wash is free from animal-derived ingredients, urea, artificial colorants, and fragrances.
- Not for hypersensitive acne-prone skin.
7. CeraVe Renewing Salicylic Acid Cleanser
Enriched with skin’s natural barrier-strengthening ingredients like ceramides, hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid, and niacinamide, CeraVe Renewing Salicylic Acid Cleanser is an all-purpose skin cleanser for all skin types including extra sensitive and psoriasis prone skin.
- Dermatologists Recommended Salicylic Acid Cleanser.
- Fragrance-free formula suits sensitive skin.
- Gently removes excess oil, accumulated dirt, and residues of makeup.
- Provides non-irritating and no-scrub beads exfoliation.
- Hydrates and soothes skin and keeps the skin’s moisture barrier intact.
8. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Gel Cleanser
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Gel Cleanser is a 2% salicylic acid-based foaming gel cleanser that controls excess oil and shines to provide problem-free glowing skin every day. It contains a micro-exfoliating blend of Lipo Hydroxy Acid to cleanse the oily areas on the skin surface to gently remove impurities.
- This award-winning face wash cleanses skin surface as well as deep pore cavities.
- It smoothes the skin removing clogged pore rashes or zits.
- Paraben-free, fragrance, and oil-free formula created by dermatologists.
- Suitable for oily, acne, and sensitive skin.
9. Clean and Clear Deep Action Facial Cleanser
Clean and Clear Deep Action Cream Facial Cleanser is one of the best drugstore salicylic acid cleansers that’s affordable and easily available. It is a creamy foam cleanser for clearing stubborn skin issues caused by excess sebum. This cleanser not only takes care of the superficial impurities, but it also provides a soothing and cooling fresh feel to the skin.
- Penetrates deep into the skin and cleanses the skin from within.
- Removes stubborn makeup residues gently.
- Provides gentle tingle to the skin.
- Contains fragrance.
10. Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel
If you suffer from vicious acne breakouts quite frequently, then Vichy Deep Cleansing Gel’s acne-fighting formula is a must in your kit. This salicylic acid face wash contains double powers of glycolic acid and LHA. It is one of the popular Salicylic Acid Cleansers in the UK.
- The deep pore action of this keratolytic cleanser fights and disrupts the acne forming process.
- Controls large pores, excess shine.
- Gives blackhead-free smooth skin.
- Soap-free and Alcohol-free.
I hope this post on Salicylic Acid Cleansers was useful.
Let us know your favourites in the comments section below.