Salicylic acid is one of the best skincare ingredients for all skin types. Though it has ‘acid’ in its name, it is basically a very mild skin peeling acid that can be derived from organic sources. It deep cleanses the skin, helps in curing acne, reduces dullness, and prevents acne breakouts. There are plenty of ways to incorporate this amazing skincare ingredient into your skincare but the best among them as a beginner is to use a Salicylic Acid Face Wash for everyday skin cleansing and exfoliating.
Table of Contents
Who should use Salicylic Acid Face Wash?
Salicylic acid penetrates deep into the skin and helps in unclogging skin pores. This property makes it an ideal choice for oily and acne-prone skin. It is also a great chemical exfoliator that gets rid of dead cells from the surface of our skin without vigorous rubbing. It helps in reducing active acne, fades old acne marks, and brings a glow to the skin. It is also suitable for mature skin.
How to Use Salicylic Acid Face Wash?
For everyday skin cleansing and exfoliating, dermatologists suggest up to a 2% concentration of Salicylic acid. For therapeutic skin peeling, 30-40% concentrated salicylic is used by dermatologists. Salicylic acid needs at least 15-20 seconds to start working on the skin. So, I apply it to my wet face and wait for 1 minute. Then I gently massage the skin and rinse it off with plain water. Salicylic acid is a strong product so you must build endurance with acid-based washes. In the beginning, keep the product for 10-20 seconds only. Gradually increase the time but do not keep this wash on the face for more than 2-3 minutes. Always apply a good quality moisturizer immediately after using Salicylic Acid Face Wash otherwise the skin will get very dry and flaky.
Best Salicylic Acid Face Wash in India
1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash is an alcohol-free gel-based face cleanser with 2% salicylic acid. The sebum dissolving micro clear technology penetrates deep into the pores and clears out the accumulated impurities.
- Budget-friendly salicylic acid face wash for oily, sensitive skin.
- 2-in-1 product; acts as cleanser and exfoliator.
- Unclogs pores and softens the skin from first use.
- Reduces acne, fades marks, and brings a glow to the skin.
- Might feel too drying to dry skin types.
2. Rejuglow Glycolic & Salicylic Acid Face Wash
Rejuglow Face Wash is a gentle exfoliating face wash with Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid. The Salicylic Acid in it unclogs pores and helps to reduce blackheads. The face wash also noticeably reduces sebaceous filaments and whiteheads. It’s a glow treatment product that lightens acne marks, removes tan, and rejuvenates the skin.
- Contains 2% Glycolic Acid and 1% Salicylic Acid.
- Clarifying gentle face wash yet non-drying.
- Enriched with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E.
- Exfoliates the skin.
- Great for controlling excess oil and acne breakouts.
- Suitable for both men and women.
- Contains fragrance.
3. Minimalist 2% Salicylic Acid+LHA Cleanser
Advocating transparency, Minimalist Products uses minimal yet effective ingredients. This Minimalist Salicylic Acid Face Wash is one of the most affordable Salicylic Acid Face Wash in India. It’s so budget-friendly that you can use this cleanser as an acne body wash for back acne. This is a fragrance-free, sulphate-free, non-drying face wash that gently exfoliates to remove dead skin cells, impurities, and excess sebum. This product has got rave reviews that it is highly recommended for oily and acne-prone skin. It works as a spot treatment too.
- Has an ideal pH of 4.5-5.5
- Uses mild sulphate free surfactants.
- Gentle non-irritating formula.
- Salicylic Acid and LHA provide multi-level cleansing gently.
- Boosted with Oat Extract, Zinc, and Allantoin.
- Free of fragrance, sulphates, parabens, silicones, essential oils, and dyes.
- Suitable for combination, oily, acne-prone, and sensitive skin.
- Budget friendly.
Contains no added fragrance, so its natural scent may not be liked by all.
4. AHA Glow S Foaming Face Wash
Ahaglow S is a dermatologist-recommended Salicylic Acid Acid Face Wash. Targeted for mild to moderate acne, this face wash contains 2% Salicylic Acid, 1% Glycolic acid, and 5% Aloe Vera. The formulation is excellent to treat acne, pimples, and whiteheads. The cherry on the cake is that it helps with Cystic Acne too.
- Nice foaming face wash.
- Heals cystic acne and hormonal acne.
- Helps in the treatment of acne and pimples.
- Suitable for oily and acne-prone skin.
- It can be drying for some skin types. So use it only once a day.
5. Cipla Saslic Foaming Face Wash
Cipla’s Saslic is one of the bestselling Medicated Salicylic Face Wash for Oily Skin. It is a Dermatologist Recommended Salicylic Acid Cleanser that comes in two different concentrations. The regular Saslic face wash containing 1% salicylic acid is suggested for beginners or people with sensitive skin while the Saslic DS formula comes with 2% salicylic acid for faster action.
- Deeply cleanses the skin and regularizes the exfoliation process of the skin.
- Unclogs pores and treats blemishes and scars left by healed acne.
- Prevents existing acne from causing large pit-like lesions.
- The foaming face wash formula can be quite drying on delicate skin.
6. Kaya Acne Purifying Cleanser
Developed by dermatologists, the Kaya Purifying Cleanser is an excellent salicylic acid face wash for oily acne-prone skin. It’s designed to control acne breakouts without drying out the skin too much.
- Deeply cleanses pores from within.
- Reduces acne and prevents future breakouts.
- Provides a soothing and cooling effect on the skin.
- Not SLS & Paraben Free.
7. Cosrx Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser
Cosrx Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser is a non-drying skin cleanser for soft and smooth skin. It’s formulated with 0.5% Salicyclic Acid to keep acne at bay by removing dead skin cells. This gentle and vegan formula is free from harmful parabens, sulfates, and pthalates.
- The creamy foam draws out the impurities from the pores.
- Provides soft-to-touch skin with fewer textures.
- The formula is extremely gentle for all skin types.
- Can be drying for dry skin.
8. Innisfree Bija Trouble Facial Foam
Innisfree Bija Trouble Facial Foam is a face cleanser with Salicylic Acid and Bija Seed Oil from Jeju Island in Korea. It’s a perfect solution for acne-prone easily irritated, and troubled skin.
- This foam wash controls the sebum and keeps skin oil-free for a long.
- It penetrates deep into the skin and prevents and cures acne.
- This exfoliating face wash is free from animal-derived ingredients, urea, artificial colorants, and fragrances.
- Not for hypersensitive acne-prone skin.
9. Globus Naturals Pimple Clear Face Wash
Globus Naturals Pimple Clear Face Wash is a doctor-recommended face wash with salicylic acid and glycolic acid that’s affordable and easily available in chemist shops. It is a herbal formula that uses natural fruit acids derived from sugarcane. Further enriched with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, this face wash rejuvenates the skin and reduces acne scarring and pigmentation. This falls under the category of natural salicylic acid face wash in India.
- Very budget-friendly.
- Ayurvedic formula.
- Penetrates deep into the skin and cleanses the skin from within.
- Removes stubborn makeup residues gently.
- Provides a gentle tingle to the skin.
- Excellent for oily and acne prone skin.
- Reduces acne and acne scarring.
- Can be drying for dry skin types.
10. The Derma Co 1% Salicylic Acid Face Wash
If you suffer from vicious acne breakouts quite frequently, then The Derma Co 1% Salicylic Acid Gel Face Wash is a must in your kit. This salicylic acid face wash contains double powers of Witch Hazel and Willow Bark. This is one of the popular Salicylic Acid Cleansers in the skincare community. This cleanser not only takes care of the superficial impurities but also provides a soothing and cooling fresh feel to the skin.
- The deep pore action of this keratolytic cleanser fights and disrupts the acne-forming process.
- Controls large pores, and excess shine.
- Gives blackhead-free smooth skin.
- Sulphate Free, Paraben Free, Alcohol-free.
- Not for sensitive skin.
I hope this post on the Best Salicylic Acid Face Wash in India was useful.
Let us know your favorites in the comments section below.