Asian sunscreens are that big sister where you feel very safe and easy. Don’t have money, don’t have time, and feeling very anxious thinking about what to go for? Buy an Asian sunscreen. True innovative products which do the work without causing that trauma and big money spending. Today I am going to discuss the Top 10 Best Asian Sunscreens that you do not want to miss out on.
Table of Contents
Best Asian Sunscreen
1. Beauty of Joseon Relief Sun Rice+Probiotics
This Korean Sunscreen is being raved left and right on social media platforms. And for good reasons! This Beauty of Joseon Sunscreen have actual UVA and UVB rating, have no white cast, is not too dewy, or don’t have any white cast. What more does someone need? This is what you would call a perfect sunscreen.
Suitable for all skin types, it’s a lightweight fragrance-free chemical sunscreen that protects the skin efficiently. It’s made with 30% Rice Extract, Grain Probiotics, and other skin calming and brightening ingredients to boost skin benefits.
UV Filters: Uvinul A Plus, Uvinul T 150, Tinosorb M, and Uvasorb HEB
- Chemical sunscreen with new-age UV filters offers broad spectrum protection.
- Tested by independent labs and certified to have a high SPF rating.
- Loaded with lots of skin beneficial ingredients such as Niacinamide, Glycerin, Rice Extracts, and Green Tea Extracts.
- Acts as a 2-in-1 moisturizer+sunscreen.
- Blends really fast and doesn’t leave a streaky greasy feeling on the skin.
- Skin appears bright and clear.
- Prevents sunburns and suntans.
- Works great under makeup.
- Rice Extract may not suit everyone.
- Can be a little bit too moisturizing if you have very oily skin.
- Not waterproof or sweatproof.
2. Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel
After that whole Purito Sunscreen Controversy when the world was furious thinking that Korean sunscreens may have been a scam all along, this came with strong SPF data proof. It’s been tested by the Korea Institute of Dermatological Sciences to have SPF 53.5 and PFA 19.4 PA++++.
This Isntree Sunscreen is lightweight yet moisturizing that gives a glass skin-like finish with zero white casts. Reapplication is a freaking breeze and works amazingly well with makeup. The fragrance-free formula suits sensitive skin types the most and is one of the Best Asian Sunscreen that one needs to give a try.
UV Filters: Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Homosalate, Tinosorb S, Tinosorb M, Parsol SLX, Uvinul A Plus.
- Contains Centella Asiatica and 8 types of Hyaluronic Acid.
- Alcohol-Free, Fragrance-Free, And Essential Oil-Free.
- The lightweight lotion-like texture glides like a dream.
- Non-tacky dewy finish.
- No white cast, no irritations, and non-drying.
- Doesn’t sting eyes.
- Doesn’t pill so reapplication is smooth.Offers SPF50+ PA++++.
- Vegan and Cruelty-Free.
- Not sweatproof and waterproof.
- Not for oily skin types in humid weather.
3. A’PIEU Pure Block Daily Sun Cream
A’Pieu Sunscreen is a budget-friendly Asian Sunscreen that we’d recommend beginners to try. It has impeccable SPF ratings and is available in bigger and smaller sizes. I mean where can I sign petitions to make sunscreen tubes bigger and more affordable? The sunscreen leaves no white cast and is very comfortable to use. It’s loaded with plant and flower extracts so it’s quite moisturizing on its own. It’s a reel-safe sunscreen and is a cult classic sunscreen among sunscreen users.
UV Filters: Avobenzone, Tinosorb S, Octyl salicylate, Ensulizole, Octinoxate.
- One of the most affordable Asian Sunscreens.
- Offers good protection with SPF 45 PA+++.
- Chemical sunscreen with a good range of UV filters.
- Lightweight hydrating sunscreen.
- Adds a beautiful glow to the skin.
- Light citrusy scent.
- No white cast.
- Prevents tanning.
- May not suit oily skin.
- Contains essential oils, so may not work for sensitive skin.
4. ETUDE HOUSE Sunprise Mild Airy Finish Sun Milk
This is a 100% mineral sunscreen that has got glowing reviews all over the internet. Well, there is no smoke without fire. This is literally one of the best Korean Mineral Sunscreens for oily skin types. This is very matte and great for those who live in humid weather. It doesn’t sweat off and sticks to the skin until the end of the day.
This is one of those sunscreens that one can see settling down and creating a layer of barrier on the skin. So Double cleansing is a must. The cherry on the cake – is fragrance-free so sensitive skin folks can use this comfortably.
UV Filters: Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide.
- One of the most cosmetically elegant mineral sunscreens.
- Glides and blends forming a uniform protective layer on the skin.
- Offers SPF 50 PA+++.
- Has minimal white cast that settles down.
- Matte sunscreen that’s great for oily skin.
- Contains tons of plant ingredients that are soothing on the skin.
- Contains Alcohol that can be drying for some skin types.
5. Abib Quick Sunstick Protection Bar
Sun sticks work like a champ for reapplication. And if you are someone who likes to use sunscreen on top of your makeup throughout the day, you definitely need a sun stick. This Abib Quick Sunstick Protection Bar is one of the Best Asian Sunscreen Stick that can be used on the go whenever and wherever.
This Korean Sunscreen Stick applies smoothly, doesn’t tug or pull, doesn’t leave any kind of residue or white cast, and looks great with makeup without moving it. It offers broad-spectrum protection of SPF 50+ PA++++.
UV Filters: Octocrylene, Octionoxate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Uvinul A Plus, and Tinosorb S.
- Super easy to use, just swipe it across your face and you are good to go.
- The curved applicator reaches every nook and corner of the face.
- Broad spectrum protection.
- Fragrance-free, Reel Safe.
- Contains Ceramides, Centella, and Green Tea Extract which has antioxidant benefits.
- Transparent finish with zero white casts.
- Works excellently well on top of makeup.
- Lightly hydrating.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- None as such, except that you need to wipe clean the bar after each use.
6. Rohto Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel
Coming to Japanese Sunscreens, Rohto Skin Aqua Sunscreens has some of the best formulations for an affordable price. They have a lot of variants but this UV Moisture Gel is the most popular among the skincare community.
The Skin Aqua Super UV Moisture Gel has an extremely lightweight skin-like finish and its water-like texture blends super quickly. You barely need a minute to apply this sunscreen. It doesn’t leave any white cast and it’s waterproof and sweatproof. Above all, it comes in bigger sizes so you don’t have to keep on buying small tubes of sunscreens.
UV Filters: Octinoxate, Uvinul A Plus, Uvinul T 150, and Tinosorb S.
- Chemical sunscreen with strong UV filters.
- Skin-like satin matte, comfortable finish.
- Water-like texture blends like a dream.
- Waterproof and sweatproof.
- Easy for reapplication.
- Contains Alcohol.
- It can pill with makeup.
7. Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence
Biore is one of the most popular brands not only in Japan but also in western communities. The Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence is a chemical sunscreen with an easy-to-blend formulation. It leaves no white cast and is great for all skin tones including dark skin tones.
The sunscreen is film-forming and is waterproof and sweatproof. This is impeccable when it comes to preventing tan even on beach days. The sunscreen has been recently tested in various labs and came out to be one of the Top sunscreens to offer broad spectrum protection. All in one, this is one of the Best Asian Sunscreens.
UV Filters: Octinoxate, Uvinul T 150, Uvinul A Plus, Bemotrizinol.
- Light watery gel-cream texture.
- Spreads easily and covers the skin to micro-levels.
- Infused with Hyaluronic Acid & Royal Jelly Extracts.
- Lightweight non-sticky with a dewy finish.
- Doesn’t leave a white cast.
- Waterproof and sweatproof.
- Contains Alcohol which can be drying.
- Strong fragrance may not be liked by all.
8. Canmake Mermaid Skin Gel UV
Canmake Mermaid Skin Gel UV is one of the Best Asian Sunscreen to prevent tanning. It has that crazy plumpness and east-to-blend formula we crave for. The product is great for someone who is looking for something they can carry around in their bag for quick reapplication as well. There is no white cast, it is crazy cheap and contains more than enough broad-spectrum sunscreen ingredients. If you haven’t found your holy grail and crave that clean girl aesthetic then this could be a worthy try.
UV Filters: Octinoxate, Uvinul A Plus, Tinosorb S, Zinc Oxide, and Titanium Dioxide.
- Alcohol and Fragrance-Free.
- Offers broad spectrum protection with both organic and inorganic filters.
- No white cast.
- Silicone-based works great as a primer under makeup.
- Creamy moisturizing formula with a dewy finish.
- Available in two variants 01 Clear and 02 White.
- Not sweatproof.
- May not suit oily skin.
9. Kao Nivea Sun Protect Water Gel
While Nivea is a European brand, this Sunscreen is exclusively formulated for Japanese consumers. It’s one of the most popular Asian sunscreen even though it has been reformulated multiple times. What most like about this sunscreen from Nivea is – it comes in bigger sizes, makes your skin juicy and plump with no white cast, has sweatproof and waterproof abilities, and reapplies like a high-end product. Above all, it comes at a very affordable price. If you can get your hands on this sunscreen, it will truly be an experience.
UV Filters: Octinoxate, Uvinul A Plus, Uvinul T 150
- Watery gel texture that’s very light on the skin.
- Provides strong UV protection.
- Contains Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E to soothe the skin.
- Cosmetically elegant sunscreen with no white cast.
- Doesn’t contain added color or fragrance.
- Available in a bigger bottle and comes with a pump.
- Best suited for oily skin.
- Contains Alcohol that can dry out the skin.
10. KOSE SUN CUT Ultra UV Perfect Gel Waterproof
Kose Sun Cut Perfect Gel is that sunscreen that says I am with you from dusk till dawn. You need to properly double cleanse with an oil cleanser if you want to take it off because it can go on and on for days! This sunscreen has a perfect skin-like finish with no white cast which is a boon for oily skin folks. It’s enriched with skin-soothing extracts like Calendula, Chamomile, and Hyaluronic Acid. The performance of this is very much similar to the Kao Nivea Sunscreen.
UV Filters: Octinoxate, Uvinul A Plus, Tinosorb S, Polysilicone 15.
- Offers high UV protection with SPF 50 PA++++.
- Watery gel texture.
- Quick absorbing, non-greasy, and non-sticky.
- Doesn’t leave any cast.
- Contains skin soothing ingredients.
- Free of Fragrance, Essential Oil, Color, and Mineral Oil.
- Waterproof and Sweatproof.
- It can pill with certain products.
- Contains Alcohol.
Sunscreen hunting never stops. I hope I have given you some insights into the Best Asian Sunscreen here to try. Let us know if you have any questions! Toodles.