It’s no secret that the key to getting the best skin is to apply and reapply sunscreen throughout the day. But let’s face it, most of us do have quite a hectic schedule. From mothers to business owners, we may or may not have the time to pat out sunscreen three times a day in the bathroom. The beauty industry has been coming up with great alternatives for fuss-free sunscreen application and re-application. Some are releasing sprays and even powders. Dermatologists recommend sunscreen sticks to be the easiest form for reapplication especially if you have makeup on. In this post, let’s find out the Best Korean Sunscreen Stick For the Face.
Best Korean Sunscreen Stick For Face
1. Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Airy Sun Stick
This sunscreen is what made all the sun sticks popular. This truly feels like a breeze to wear throughout the day. Very easy to spread and fantastic over makeup. It has a natural lightweight, skin-like feeling and a cooling sensation. It doesn’t have any white cast and doesn’t irritate the eyes.
The Isntree Sunstick offers broad spectrum protection SPF 50+ PA++++ and is free of alcohol, fragrance, and essential oils. It’s formulated with amazing ingredients, and in addition to UV protection, it has great skincare benefits. It not only has the star ingredient Hyaluronic Acid, but it also has Niacinamide, Ceramides, and even Aloe Vera. If you are looking for a one in all product this is a must-try product. This is one of the Best Korean Sunscreen Sticks For Face that is non-sticky and non-greasy.
UV Filters: Octionoxate, Uvinul A Plus, Tinosorb S, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, and Homosalate.
- Lightweight, non-sticky sunscreen.
- Fragrance-free and Alcohol-Free.
- Excellent Ingredients.
- Contains 8 layers of Hyaluronic Acid to keep skin hydrated and plump.
- It glides effortlessly so easy to apply.
- Does not leave a white cast.
- A teardrop-shaped applicator makes application in the corners easy.
- Not a budget-friendly option.
2. Abib Quick Sunstick Protection Bar
This TikTok famous sun stick made it to this list of Best Korean Sunscreen Stick due to its immense popularity. Loved for its lightweight, almost nothing on the skin-like feel of this made it a cult favorite. It is a chemical sunscreen with new-age cosmetically elegant UV filters that do not leave any cast or residue.
In addition, it has skin-friendly ingredients such as Ceramides, Centella, and Green Tea Extract to provide antioxidant benefits. Abib Sun Stick is a yellow gel-based bar that goes on transparently on the skin. The wide curved applicator is a bonus.
UV Filters: Octocrylene, Octionoxate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Uvinul A Plus, and Tinosorb S.
- Potent chemical UV filters, offering SPF 50+ PA+++.
- No scent, no white cast, non-sticky.
- The curved applicator is good.
- Hydrates the skin.
- Good for all skin types.
3. Beauty Of Joseon Matte Sun Stick
After the tremendous popularity of the Beauty Of Joseon Sunscreen for being one of the Best Asian sunscreens, this new launch from BOJ has quickly made head turns for its promising claims.
This is a Matte Sun Stick developed in association with a popular cosmetic chemist. It is a chemical sunscreen that’s lab tested to offer SPF 50+ PA++++. The Beauty Of Joseon Sun Stick contains Mugwort and Green Tea Extracts which have excellent skin soothing and antioxidant properties. It’s further enriched with Turmeric and Leaf Extracts to offer other skin benefits. We are sure this matte sun stick would be ideal for oily skin types.
UV Filters: Diethylamino Hydroxybenxoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Polysilicon-15
- Formulated with new-age chemical filters.
- Contains Mugwort, Green Tea, Turmeric, and other skin-beneficial ingredients.
- Alcohol-Free, Silicone-Free.
- Gives a smooth matte finish.
- Contains Silica powder to control excess sebum production.
- Lab tested to offer SPF 50+ PA++++
- It can be used by pregnant women (as per the brand)
4. Tocobo Cotton Soft Sun Stick
This is literally one of the Best Korean Sunscreen Sticks For Oily Skin due to its ultra-lightweight matte finish with zero white casts. It is a pale blue balm-type sun stick that glides effortlessly to give you even coverage. Tocobo Cotton Soft Sun Stick is a Vegan, Alcohol-Free Matte Finish Sunscreen. It contains antioxidants and skin-soothing herbal extracts to calm irritated skin.
The sunscreen has a primer-like feel and works great under and/or over makeup. It controls oil and moisture balance and makes it an excellent choice for all skin types. The only downside is that it has added fragrance, but that’s mild too.
UV Filters: Octocrylene, Octionoxate, Uvinul A Plus, Tinosorb S, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, and Titanium Dioxide.
- Lightweight, zero-white cast sunscreen.
- Provides SPF 50+ PA++++ UVA UVB Protection.
- Contains AC Herb Complex to soothe irritated skin.
- Vegan Certified and Cruelty-Free.
- Portable size.
- Excellent for all skin types, especially oily skin.
- Contains fragrances & oils that may not suit sensitive skin.
5. Benton Mineral Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++
Benton Sun Stick is a 100% Mineral Sunscreen with non-nano physical UV filter Titanium Dioxide. Boosted with Hyaluronic Acid, Tocopherol, and Vitamin E, this sun stick nourishes and protects the skin from sun damage. It definitely minimizes skin irritations and has been clinically tested to be non-irritant too. This is great for sensitive and acne-prone skin. It also contains many antioxidants to fight free radicals damage.
The soft and smooth balm texture of the sun stick is an absolute treat to use. It forms a protective film and is as light as a feather. The sun stick gives a tone-up effect that would look nice on pale to fair skin tones. Unfortunately, that doesn’t look good on deeper skin tones. The sun protection it offers is great. It has SPF 50+ PA++++ for both UVA & UVB protection. The sunscreen is water resistant and is good enough to save you from sunburn and tanning.
UV Filters: Titanium Dioxide.
- 100% Mineral Sunscreen.
- Fragrance-Free and Alcohol-Free.
- The soft and smooth balm applies without oiliness.
- Can be used by the whole family including infants and teens.
- Contains antioxidants and skin-nourishing ingredients.
- Offers good sun protection.
- May not be liked by dark and deeper skin tones.
6. AHC Natural Perfection Double Shield Sun Stick
This sun stick from AHC is truly a match made in heaven for sunscreen lovers. The non-greasy and non-tacky formula truly gives you a velvety soft skin finish. This doesn’t leave any white cast or move any makeup even if you are wearing blush and bronzer on top. The product does oil control to a level and gives true protection against sun rays and tanning.
What we love the most is the angled applicator which makes application in the nook and corners of your nose and under the eyes easier. It doesn’t sting the eyes as well.
UV Filters: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Octinoxate, Uvinul A Plus, and Tinosorb S.
- The angled applicator makes the application easy.
- Transparent no white cast sunscreen.
- Does not make skin oily.
- Excellent to reapply on top of makeup.
- Protects the skin perfectly.
- Has SPF 50+ PA++++.
- Not fragrance-free.
- Long ingredient list.
7. SCINIC Enjoy Super Active Airy Sun Stick
SCINIC Enjoy Super Active Airy Sun Stick is an airy, convenient sun stick to use anywhere at any time. It is affordable, lightweight, water resistant, and doesn’t leave any white cast or move away makeup. What more do you need from a sun stick?
The SCINIC Sun Stick is formulated with ingredients to purify, protect and absorb excess sebum. The sun stick provides fine dust adhesion protection while forming a transparent matte protective film. It leaves subtle hydration to the skin that works perfectly for the summer. It is very easy to spread and get absorbed in a second. The product truly works on tanning and oil production so definitely one of the Best Sunscreen For Oily Skin.
UV Filters: Octocrylene, Octionoxate, Uvinul A Plus, Tinosorb S, and, Ethylhexyl Salicylate.
- Non-sticky, non-greasy formula.
- Contains nice ingredients such as Swiss Alpine Herbs, Elastic Powder, and Cotton Seed Oil.
- Gives a clear matte finish that’s great for oily skin.
- Protects skin from fine dust.
- Offers broad spectrum protection SPF 50+ PA++++.
Contains fragrances & essential oils that may not suit sensitive skin.
8. Nature Republic California Aloe Fresh Powdery Sun Stick
This bright yellow sun stick is sure to make heads turn on a crowded beach. The beautifully packed sun stick has a primer-like silky feel to it. Of course, it contains silicones to give you that blurring effect. People with oily skin might like this more. The sun stick reapplies beautifully with a clear zero-white cast finish. It has Aloe and a fresh clean scent that’s pleasant to use. There is no alcohol in this sun stick.
UV Filters: Octocrylene, Octinoxate, Octyl Salicylate, Uvinul A Plus, Tinosorb S
- Offers broad spectrum protection SPF 50+ PA++++
- The smile-shaped applicator makes application in the corners of the nose, and under the eyes easy.
- Contains great UV filters.
- Silky smooth finish perfect for oily skin.
- Fresh clean scent.
- No white cast.
- Not water resistant.
9. Shiseido UV Clear Stick Protector
This was one of the fastest-selling sun stick in the market at one point of time. As its name suggests, it is a clear stick that absolutely does not leave any white cast and gives a clear finish. The Shiseido Sun Stick is a chemical sunscreen but is free of Oxybenzene and Octinoxate which are potentially not-so-great ingredients for the skin. The Sunstick is formulated with a Wet Force and Heat Force Technology to protect the skin efficiently. The Vitamin E in it leaves the skin adequately moisturized.
UV Filters: Avobenzone (2.5%), Homosalate (10.0%), Octocrylene (10.0%), Octisalate (5.0%)
- Easy to apply.
- Compliant with Hawai Regulations.
- No white cast.
- Great to use under or over makeup.
- Leaves the skin moisturized.
- It claims to be water resistant for upto 80 minutes.
- Old school filters.
- Contains Fragrance.
10. Thank You Farmer Sun Project Silky Calming Sun Stick
Thank you Farmer Sun Stick is an award-winning Korean Sunscreen Stick. With a bunch of skin-calming ingredients and ease of application, this sun stick is truly worth the money you will be paying for. It doesn’t have any white cast and gives your skin a satin matte finish with little to no moisturization. As the day goes the skin truly looks like a glowy goddess. Some oily girls may find it overwhelming so please keep that in mind.
The sunscreen is boosted with Calamine, Centella Asiatica, Asiatic acid, and Madecassic acid to soothe and calm irritated skin. It doesn’t have any fragrance and doesn’t move your makeup away when tugging. It is a water-resistant and sweat-resistant sunscreen and offers broad spectrum protection with SPF 50+ PA++++ making it an excellent option for beach days.
UV Filters: Uvinul A Plus, Uvinul T 150, Tinosorb S, and Polysilicone-15.
- Water resistant and sweat resistant.
- Silky soft and smooth texture.
- Easy to use and non-sticky.
- It soothes and calms irritated skin.
- No white cast.
- Protects against both UVA and UVB rays.
- Contains Fragrance.
These are some of the Best Korean Sunscreen Stick that are great to be used on top of makeup, excellent for reapplication throughout the day, and can be used by even the laziest person.
What do you think of these? Have you tried any of them?