Global warming is real guys! The UV rays are more prominent than ever and it is causing serious damage and tanning to our skin. After decades of not knowing a thing about sunscreens and using bleach from parlor wali aunties, it’s high time that we take care of our skin and remove those pesky tans. And no I am not talking about lemon and bacon DIY masks. It can get overwhelming what products to use, and what to look for. This post got you covered where we’ll be discussing some of the Best Tan Removal Soap that works like magic. But first, let’s learn about the basic ingredients to look for in tan removal soaps.
Best Ingredients For Tan Removal:
- Kojic Acid: Kojic Acid is a tyrosinase Inhibitor that works by blocking tyrosine formation in the skin which in turn reduces melanin production. This lightens pigmentation and makes your skin bright and glowing.
- Glutathione: Glutathione is a popular skin-lightening ingredient. It decreases melanin production thereby reducing tanning. It has antioxidant and anti-aging benefits as well. So it’s good for reducing oxidative stress and preventing wrinkles and fine lines.
- Azelaic Acid: Azelaic Acid is an excellent tyrosinase-inhibiting ingredient that diminishes acne marks, and pigmentation. This golden acid also kills acne-causing bacteria, reduces tan, and fights redness and inflammation. Frankly an all-rounder!
- Turmeric: Turmeric is one of the best natural skin-brightening ingredients. It has great antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help to brighten and even out the skin tone.
- Licorice Extract: Licorice is widely used in most used Indian Ayurveda Products for Tan Removal. This ingredient is great for sun damage, tighter skin, and acne.
Looking for soaps that have the above ingredients might be helpful in fastening tan removal. On to the list of the Best Tan Removal Soaps in India.
10 Best Tan Removal Soaps in India
1. Kozicare Skin Lightening Soap
Kozicare is a medicated soap power packed with a bunch of skin-brightening ingredients. It’s fortified with 0.50% Kojic Acid, 0.50% Vitamin C, 0.50% Arbutin, 0.50% Vitamin E and 0.30% Glutathione. This potent formula helps in removing tan and acne marks efficiently. It’s formulated to provide moisture and anti-aging benefits to the skin. The soap is great for the body and suits most skin types as it cleanses without stripping moisture out of the skin.
- Contains powerful tan-removal ingredients.
- Cleanses without drying the skin.
- Works well for tan removal and pigmentation.
- Gives the skin a radiant glow.
- Manufactured by a pharmaceutical company.
- May not suit very sensitive skin.
- Claims to give sun protection which is not true.
2. Kojie San Soap
This is a very popular soap internationally. It contains high-grade Kojic Acid which helps years of tanning to fade away. Kokie San aids in getting your original skin tone back along with evening it out. The soap is excellent to use for bacne, dark elbows, knees, and knuckles. The superior formula is known to help with Keratosis Polaris ( Strawberry legs), pigmentation, and marks left from acne. The only con is that it can be drying, so it’s not recommended for facial use especially if you have dry skin. Also, beware of fake Kojie San Soap available in the market.
- Internationally loved.
- Contains high-grade kojic acid.
- Extremely effective.
- Truly reduces tanning after each wash.
- Good for PIH and acne marks.
- Contains a refreshing citrus scent.
- Expensive for soap.
- Not hydrating.
- Contains coconut oil and fragrance which can lead to acne.
3. Glutalight Skin Lightening Soap
Celebrities take glutathione supplements, injections, and whatnot for skin brightening. But that can be overly dramatic and harmful to the skin. So this kind of product is perfect for the skin. It contains 1% Glutathione to help with acne marks, dark spots, age marks, PIH, and even pigmentation around the mouth. The soap acts as an exfoliant to peel off dead skin cells to reveal brighter skin. So use it with caution – you need layers of hydration and adequate sunscreen when using this product.
- Contains 1% Glutathione which is an excellent skin-lightening ingredient.
- Pharmacy soap so can be found in many offline shops.
- Rapidly helps with tan and hyperpigmentation.
- Brightens and Lightens skin.
- Skin can become sensitive and itchy.
- Not that hydrating.
4. Azac Soap
This is a medicated soap recommended by dermatologists. It contains Azelaic Acid which is a tyrosinase-inhibiting ingredient that reduces melanin production. It also kills acne-causing bacteria and prevents them from becoming dark spots. Azac Soap is a good choice for reducing tan on arms, legs, and body. It’s underrated pharmacy soap that does remove tan with continuous usage.
- Affordable pharmacy soap
- Has a TFM of 76%.
- Removes tan on the body, arms, and legs.
- Reduces inflammation and redness.
- Helps with acne.
- Not good for sensitive skin.
- Will take time to see results.
5. The Derma Co Kojic Acid Glutathione Daily Syndet Soap
It is great to see Indian brands coming with foolproof ingredients and scientifically backed products. This particular product from The Derma Co has 2% Kojic Acid, 1% L-Glutathione, and Alpha Arbutin – which altogether is a powerpack formula for tan removal and pigmentation. The Derma Co Soap is Fragrance-Free, Sulphate Free and Paraben Free. It’s a syndet bar hence it doesn’t strip the skin of moisture and maintains the skin’s natural texture and softness.
- Contains a combination of Kojic Acid, Glutathione, and Alpha Arbutin.
- Sulphate Free and Paraben Free.
- Works wonderfully for tan removal after two uses.
- Good for strawberry legs and Pigmentation as well.
- A bit expensive.
6. Kama Ayurveda Turmeric and Myrrh Skin Brightening Soap
If you are looking for a natural tan removal soap in India in the luxury category, this one is highly recommended. Kama Ayurveda is a luxury Indian skincare brand that is very well-known among skincare enthusiasts who love Ayurvedic treatments. This particular soap is a handmade soap made with 90% natural ingredients. It lightens and brightens skin without making it sensitive and irritated. Turmeric has antibacterial properties which help with acne and redness.
- Handmade natural soap.
- Made with Turmeric, Fig, Vetiver, Coconut Oil, Bael Tree, and other natural ingredients.
- Reduces tan-caused sun rays.
- Have acne and redness-clearing properties.
- Available offline in shopping malls.
- Lightens and brightens skin without any chemicals.
- Very expensive for soap.
- Takes time to show results.
7. Mamaearth Ubtan Nourishing Body Soap
This is a Sulphate Free Soap For Tan Removal. It’s made with Turmeric and Saffron to make your skin bright and clear. It contains walnut beads to provide physical exfoliation and Glycerin to nourish the skin. The product does quite a lot of brightening and takes away nasty dark spots with continuous use.
Contains natural ingredients like Turmeric, Saffron.
Sulphate Free Soap.
Has a TFM of 76%.
Good for brightening and lightening dark spots.
Doesn’t make you sensitive to the sun.
Paraben Free, Silicone Free.
Not an affordable option.
8. Juicy Chemistry Lime Ginger Rice Soap
This natural soap from the Certified Organic Skincare brand is cold-processed. It contains all-natural ingredients like lime, ginger, and rice. It can deeply cleanse the skin without making it dry – because it’s rich in antioxidants oils. The face and body soap helps with tan removal and imparts a glow to the skin. This soap works best for those with oily and acne-prone skin.
- Cold processed soap bar.
- Certified organic.
- Contains Rice Water, Ginger and Lime, Myrrah, and Frankenstein Essential Oils.
- Great for oily and acne-prone skin.
- Gives a deep cleanse to the skin.
- Reduces sun tan.
- Can help with strawberry skin With continuous usage.
- Not for sensitive or dry skin types as it can be drying.
9. Biotique Bio Orange Peel Revitalizing Body Soap
With Orange Peel and Turmeric Extracts, this soap does more than just brighten. It takes care of redness and body acne. Biotique as a company is meant to be taking ayurveda into skincare which is great for someone who is looking for some natural alternatives. It is also very inexpensive and readily available offline.
- Easily available.
- Contains Soap Nuts, Turmeric, Margosa, walnuts, and Orange Zest.
- Good for natural skincare lovers.
- Does have extra acne-clearing benefits.
- Does take a lot of time to see results and tan brightening.
- Can be harsh for some.
10. Nature’s Lacto Tan Soap
If you had asked anyone which is the Best Tan Removal Soap in India a decade ago, this is the one that many would recommend. From the house Nature Essence, this soap works just fine without hurting your bank balance. It has Milk, Glycerine, and Shea Butter which is extremely nourishing to the skin. It is moisturizing, hydrating, and helps to remove tan. This is great for those with dry to very dry skin.
- Very gentle and affordable.
- Good for moisturizing skin.
- Skin feels soft and plump.
- Contains natural ingredients like Milk and Shea Butter.
- No side effects.
- Takes time to see results.
These are some of the most popular soaps for Tan removal in India. While it’s easier to use a soap for Tan removal, it’s always best to consult a skin doctor/dermatologist before using a strong soap to avoid any side effects. And also get effective results. Also, always use sunscreen to protect the skin from further tanning and faster tan removal.
What do you think of them?