Chemical exfoliation is taking the world by storm. Left and right every brand is jumping on the bandwagon. But one needs to understand the market is saturated and chemical exfoliation can do real damage to beginners and people who are not taking good aftercare, like sunscreen application. There are various chemical exfoliators – from Mandelic, and Lactic Acid all the way to Salicylic Acid. Lactic Acid is one of the mildest ones that has moisturizing properties which gives actual results in the gentlest way possible. It is also most recommended for dry skin types. In this post, let’s see what are some of the Best Lactic Acid Serum in India.
Let me talk a little about Lactic Acid before going into the list.
What is Lactic Acid?
Lactic Acid is a water-soluble alpha hydroxy acid that scrapes off the layer of dead skin and gives one brighter and clearer complexion. Continuous use also helps with hyperpigmentation and acne.
Lactic Acid Serum Benefits
- Lactic acid has great moisturizing properties.
- It increases cell turnover and helps to reduce the appearance of pores and acne.
- Lactic acid reduces hyperpigmentation.
- It makes skin firmer and thicker, which as a result reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Products with lactic acid are more affordable than glycolic acid and salicylic acid.
Lactic Acid Serum Side Effects
If you are a complete beginner in exfoliation, you may experience a burning sensation. In some cases, it may cause redness, swelling, itching, and peeling. Immediately stop usage and consult your doctor.
It is always recommended to patch test before using a chemical exfoliator. And always start with a low-strength product and then move on to a higher strength. For example: start with a 5% Lactic Acid Serum and then move on to a 10% Lactic Acid Serum for better results.
Starting with a higher concentration straight away might cause side effects.
One must also avoid long sun exposure or use sunscreen repeatedly as Lactic Acid can sensitize your skin to UV rays.
Moving on to the list of Best Lactic Acid Serum in India
Best Lactic Acid Serum in India
1. The Ordinary 10% Lactic Acid Serum
The OG Lactic Acid Serum which took the beauty industry on fire is now available in India! The Ordinary Lactic Acid Serum contains a potent formula that delivers to the skin and gives an overnight result. Many people keep it in their bridal skincare routine.
- The ordinary products are fragrance-free and vegan
- Makes Your Skin very even toned and Works on small pimples.
- Works on whiteheads and skin texture
- Potent Formula.
- Doesn’t work on hormonal acne.
2. Deconstruct Beginners Exfoliating Serum
With 1.5% Probiotics and 1% Hyaluronic acid, this Deconstruct Exfoliating Serum is the dream of any minimalist skincare junkie. It contains 5% Lactic Acid to gently exfoliate the skin while reducing dark spots, acne marks, and pigmentation. It keeps the pH of the skin balanced as well and improves the quality of your skin.
- Parabens, silicones, and SLS-free.
- Chemically Exfoliates the skin and makes it pimple-free.
- Doesn’t have any artificial fragrance.
- Minimal ingredients are used in the formula.
- Results take a lot of time to show.
3. Suganda 5% Lactic Acid Serum
With Hyaluronic acid and Gotukola extracts, this serum from the Instagram-popular Indian brand is taking our little beauty community to another level. From anti-aging to redness and hydration to chemical exfoliation, this serum is supposed to cover everything and anything our facial skin needs. But does it tick all the marks? Indeed, it does.
- This is very beginner friendly and gentle on the skin.
- Gives an even-toned look from the first usage.
- Results can be seen for 2 days.
- Doesn’t burn or peel the skin.
- Doesn’t have an artificial fragrance.
- Not available offline.
- Doesn’t do much for pimples and redness.
4. Isntree Clear Skin 8% AHA Essence
This Korean skincare product is one of the mildest yet hotshot products I have ever used. This is a product you can use even if you have very sensitive skin and looking for something you know, will not damage your skin barrier. Very watery and doesn’t look feel sticky or heavy on the skin.
- Good for oily and acne-prone skin.
- Has Glycolic acid in the formula as well.
- Clears Hyperpigmentation and visibly brightens the skin.
- Clears Whiteheads.
5. Dr. Sheth’s Extra Gentle Peel
The serum from Dr.Sheth’s contains the most gentle formulation from this list. With Pomegranate and Calendula Extract, it rejuvenates and keeps the redness at bay. If you haven’t used any acid in your routine before and have very sensitive skin then you should go for this product.
- Very gentle and good for beginners and sensitive skin.
- Reduces the appearance of pores.
- Doesn’t Damage the skin barrier.
- No Fragrances.
- Smaller shelf life.
- Results take time.
6. Minimalist 10% Lactic Acid Serum
This Indian-based company got popular for the right reasons. As we know Minimalist is India’s ordinary with scientific research formulation and great results. This serum is one of its most popular items. It does all the job a Lactic acid serum is supposed to do without being too harsh for beginners.
- Has a pH of 3.5 ( Ideal for acid serums to work).
- Very affordable and a little goes a long way.
- Doesn’t have any fragrances or essential oils.
- Has Hyaluronic Acid which is excellent for moisturization and hydration.
- Takes time to see the results.
7. 03 plus Age Lock Vitamin C Plus Lactic Acid Serum
Used in big saloons and beauty spas this serum from O3 is quite the talk of the market. Both Vitamin c and Lactic acid are present in the formula which makes it a powerpack formula. The results are truly like no other. If you have the budget then this is a product you can go for.
Makes your skin even toned and ready for that saloon-like facial glow.
Continuous usage reduces fine lines and hydration.
Also, have vitamin c in it.
- Contains added fragrance.
I hope this article gave you some affordable yet effective Lactic Acid Serum recommendations for your next purchase.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments section!