Charlotte Tilbury is one of the most reputed makeup artists approved brands in the whole world. From Celebrities to Influencers, everyone loves using their products. The Hollywood Flawless Filter is one of the most highly raved products from Charlotte Tilbury. This is a unique product that works in a lot of ways. It supposedly diminishes uneven skin tones, smooths away textures, and gives you a silky filter finish in real life. The product was on my radar for quite some time. But since it is an expensive product, I had it on hold on my wishlist. So when I came across the mini recently, I went ahead and bought it without any second thoughts. Read on to know my experience with it.
What does Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter do?
Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter is a Versatile Complex Booster that can be used as a primer, highlighter, or even as a stand-alone tinted moisturizer for light coverage. The light-reflecting properties create a digital filter by blurring pores, and fine lines for smooth-looking flawless skin.
How do you pick a Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter?
The Flawless Filter comes in a variety of shades that caters to most skin tones. The shades range from light to medium to deeper skin tones. It comes in 12 shades to choose from. They are numbered so it’s difficult to pick out the shade without the shade descriptions. Here is a little guide on the shades to help you choose them.
- 1 Fair- Neutral Beige shade suits fair skin with cool undertones.
- 2 Fair – Peachy Beige shade suits light skin with cool undertones
- 2.5 Fair- Golden Beige shade suits light skin with warm undertones.
- 3 Fair – Warm Peach shade suits light skin with cool undertones
- 4 Medium – Olive shade suits medium skin with warm undertones
- 4.5 Medium – Golden Beige shade suitable for medium skin with warm undertones
- 5 Tan – Warm Peach shade suitable for tan skin with either warm or cool undertones
- 5.5 Tan – Neutral Caramel shade suitable for tan skin with warm or neutral undertones
- 6 Tan – Neutral Amber shade suitable for tan skin with any undertone – warm, cool or neutral.
- 6.5 Deep – Neutral Bronze shade for deep skin tone with any undertone – warm, cool or neutral undertones.
- 7 Deep – Rich Bronze shade suitable for deep skin tone with either warm, cool or neutral undertones.
- 8 Deep – Warm Mahogany shade suitable for deep skin tone with any undertones.
How to use Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter?
The award-winning Hollywood Flawless Filter can be used in 3 ways.
- It can be used alone to enhance the skin’s natural glow.
- Underneath your foundation work as a smooth illuminating primer to give a poreless base.
- On top of your foundation as an illuminating highlighter to give a luminous glow.
- Mixed with your foundation or moisturizer to give a subtle natural looking glow to the skin.
Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter Review
Packaging: Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter comes with a doe foot applicator and a transparent bottle. The product name is printed in classic golden color. I wouldn’t say it feels luxurious because the font fades away within a month or two. Even my Wet n Wild Highlighter of 5 years does have better printing than this.
Texture: The texture of the flawless filter is a liquid cream, just like any other liquid highlighter. It’s lightweight and very spreadable on the skin. One can easily apply it with your finger. When mixed with foundation it doesn’t add any weight or dewiness to it. It’s truly a chef’s kiss product.
Fragrance: The product doesn’t have any fragrance that I can think of. So it’s good for acne-prone and sensitive skin people.
At first, I had a meh experience but then after using it for almost 3 months I can say I formed a major liking for it.
Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter is highly raved about in makeup guru channels and among Instagram buddies. It is a spectacular product for someone who is looking for multiple things at once. It can be used as a liquid highlighter or mixed with foundation and even alone without looking like a shiny disco ball. It has little to no coverage which looks more ethereal and mixes into the skin as time goes by.
As a liquid highlighter, it can be quite tacky and doesn’t settle down but it doesn’t bother much even when wearing a mask. The product also comes in a lot of shades with various undertones which is great for various skin tones. It looks great in photographs and doesn’t accentuate textured and dry areas. My pores almost look airbrushed and the powder blush bronzer goes smoothly on top of the skin.
This particular highlighter is free of any kind of glitter or chunky shimmer which is why I love this product a lot. So yeah, for me it was well worth the hype and money I spent.
- Multi-functional – can be used in a lot of ways.
- Available in different kinds of shades and undertones and are great for Indian skin tones.
- It doesn’t have any traces of glitter or shimmer.
- Looks great in the photograph.
- Very natural and long-lasting as a liquid highlighter.
- Comes in a mini version as well.
- Expensive for a liquid highlighter.
- You don’t get coverage and you have to use a lot to see the effect.
- The packaging can be messy and bulky.
Would I recommend it? Yes, I 100% recommend this if you love liquid highlighters. This is definitely one of the best products out there for makeup lovers.
What do you think of this product? Have you used it?