Hi you all! Today let us give some “sprouts” love to our skin. I am going to share a DIY Homemade Face Mask for Blemishes made up of sprouted Mung Beans. Yeah, I know sprouts taste the worst and smell the worst too, but guess what sprouts contain loads of goodies like, Folates, Vitamin A C E K, B6 B12, especially mung bean sprouts. Sprouts also contain Iron, Magnesium and other minerals that regulate many functions in our body. Just imagine how good it will be if our skin could just drink up these nutrients. Well, that’s what this Mung Bean Face Mask is going to do for you.
Let me tell you one special thing that I do whenever I have this face mask on, I always keep a bowl of sprouts mixed with lemon, salt and pepper to eat. I love sprouts and I firmly believe in nourishing your body from inside. So, do this while you put on this face mask, your skin and body will love you for it. This mask tends to dry out the skin like Besan, so I have added 1 teaspoon cream since my combination skin tends to get dry after applying any face mask. Oily skin beauties should go for milk instead of cream. Dry skin beauties can also add half teaspoon of almond or coconut oil to the face mask. Don’t remove peel of the mung bean sprouts, the peel will give an exfoliating effect in the face mask. I have also added almonds in the mask so that the face pack doesn’t make skin too dry. Almonds add their worth by adding minerals and vitamins with their anti-ageing effect to the face pack.
Let’s begin with the Homemade Mung Bean Face Mask for Blemishes:
- 3 tablespoons Mung Beans
- 2-3 Almonds
- 1 teaspoon Cream (for combination and dry skin only)
- 1 teaspoon Milk (for oily skin only)
- Half teaspoon Almond or Coconut oil (for dry skin only)
How to make the Mung Bean Face Mask?
- Soak Mung Beans overnight in a bowl of water up to the brim. Keep it covered, and make sure you keep the bowl in a warm room preferably in kitchen near stove.
- Next morning, the beans would have sprouted. Drain the extra water from the bowl, take out any small dirt or pebbles you can see, and grind the sprouted beans with 2 almonds to a granular paste.
- After you take out the paste in a bowl, add 1 teaspoon cream/milk and oil as per your skin type.
How to apply the Mung Bean Face Mask?
- After cleaning your face properly, apply a uniform layer of the paste on your face. Leave it for 15 minutes or till the paste dries up completely. Your skin may feel taut, but don’t worry it won’t damage your skin.
- Remove the face mask by washing with lukewarm water while massaging your face with fingers in circles.
- Follow up with your regular toning and moisturizing routine.
- Don’t wash your face with a face wash that day. If your face feels dirty then just wipe your face softly with a wet towel.
Results & Benefits:
Squeaky shiny skin! This Mung Bean Face Mask is good for blemished skin and works great in summer as cooling face mask after you face the beating sun. Just keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours and use it on your heated skin. Cream in the face mask also helps in removal of tan. Combination and oily skin beauties can use this face mask twice or thrice a week, and dry skin people should not apply this face pack more than once a week. If you are wondering whether this face pack will irritate your skin, then do a patch test or use this as a spot treatment. And if you are allergic to any of the ingredients used in this face mask, please skip using it.
I hope you found this Mung Bean Face Mask helpful. Do share your favorite homemade face mask recipes in the comments section below.
- Acne Skin friendly DIY Facial Cleanser
- Super Effective Spot Treatment For Acne
- DIY Detoxification Clay Face Mask
- 6 Easy Homemade Hydrating Face Mists
- DIY Recipe for Pink Lips
- DIY Homemade Hair Conditioner
Guest Author: Sneha Goley