Eyes are the most beautiful feature of our face. Eyes are said to be the windows to our soul. So, why let our eyes be a victim to ageing and dullness. Today, I am going to share a very simple but effective DIY under eye night mask which you can use to fight against fine lines and wrinkles near eye area. This DIY Eye Mask has Green Tea and Vitamin E as major beauty ingredients, along with olive oil as carrier oil. This mask is especially great for preventing the damage this beast of the sun may cause in summer.
Green Tea..hmm..this one word has some magical effect which makes us go for any product that has green tea as one of the ingredients. Green Tea may very well be treated as an icon with claims about its weight reduction effect, anti-ageing effect, anti-oxidant nature and what not. Beauty companies have also identified this trend and you can always see one or the other brand bringing its own green tea line. Green Tea is just the same tea which has not undergone so much withering and oxidization as our regular black or oolong teas. Hence, it has higher concentration of polyphenols and flavonoids, than regular tea, which have antioxidant, anticarcinogen, anti-inflammatory, and anti-radiation biochemical effects.
Vitamin E are a group of compounds that include tocopherols and tocotrienols. Hmm..tocopherol..does this word ring any bell? Yes..you guessed it right, tocopherol is one of the common constituents of many lotions and soaps. Vitamin E has amazing effects on our body, right from regulating our reproductive system, cholesterol levels to repairing damaged skin and thickening hair. Vitamin E has strong anti-inflammatory effect which helps in fighting acne, eczema and sunburns. Its anti-oxidant effect can help treating sunburn and cell regenerative properties can be used to fight cancer, lighten scars and wrinkles.
After so much scientific chatter, lets go straight to our mask recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or any of oil of your choice since we want this oil to be just a base for our active ingredients.
- 2 teaspoon green tea. You can use leftover green tea or black tea also just wash the tea leaves under water till water runs clean.
- 1-2 capsules of Vitamin E. These are extremely affordable and easily available at any pharmacy near you.
How to make the DIY Eye Mask?
- Take a small wok or a frying pan and light the stove.
- Put 1 tablespoon olive oil in the pan.
- When oil gets hot add tea leaves
- Let leaves turn black on low flame.
- Remove your wok just before the oil starts to smoke, let the oil cool down to room temperature. Transfer it to a small empty jar
- Take 1 or 2 capsule of Vitamin E and puncture it. Pour the entire contents in the jar and stir with a clean dry spoon.
Your DIY Eye Mask is ready to use!
How to apply the DIY Eye Mask?
- Clean your eye area thoroughly and gently. After finishing your night skin care regime, use this eye-mask
- Take a clean dropper from leftover bottles of serums or ampoules and draw some oil into it
- Take 1 drop on your ring finger and warm the product between your ring fingers.
- Gently pat your under-eye area with your ring fingers for increasing circulation and better absorption
- Leave the layer of mask overnight and wash it off with lukewarm water, again don’t rub your eyes while cleaning.
Who should use it and Benefits of using this DIY Eye Mask:
People with young skin should use this mask once or twice a week. Those who have mature skin should use it four times a week. This eye-mask can also be used as spot treatment for those who pigmentation on face or any area of their body. This mask also does wonders for the pigmentation caused by hormonal changes be it puberty or menopause. If you have dark shadows all around your eyes then you can massage this eye mask around eyes in the same way and leave it overnight. Let me know if this DIY helped you or not.
If you are allergic to any of the ingredients mentioned above, please avoid this mask or do a patch test by applying the mask on inner side of your wrist or pit of your neck.
- Acne Skin friendly DIY Facial Cleanser
- Super Effective Spot Treatment For Acne
- DIY Detoxification Clay Face Mask
- 6 Easy Homemade Hydrating Face Mists
- DIY Recipe for Pink Lips
- DIY Homemade Hair Conditioner