Chemically straightened hair can be prone to dryness and damage easily, hence it becomes essential to maintain it properly. In order to preserve the effects of straightened hair and the cost of spending in the treatment, one should use a good quality shampoo. In this post, we’ve listed the Best Shampoo For Straightened Hair. Often the terms Hair Straightening, Smoothening, and Rebonding are mixed, but each is different. In fact, there are different types of straightening hair.
- Japanese Hair Straightening: Also called Thermal Reconditioning or Rebonding this is kind of a permanent straightening that lasts 6 to 8 months. It makes your hair pin-straight and sleek. This is suited for people who have strong, thick, curly, wavy hair types. Those with fine and weak hair should avoid this treatment as it’s more damaging.
- Brazilian Hair Straightening: Also called Keratin Treatment, this is supposed to be safer and less damaging than the other treatments. This treatment which can last upto 3 months ensures soft, shiny, and frizz-free hair.
Anyways, the following shampoos can be used by anyone who has undergone any of chemical hair treatments.
10 Best Shampoo For Straightened Hair
1. Matrix Opti Smooth Straight Professional Ultra Smoothing Shampoo
If you want to retain the silky smoothness of your straightened hair, hands down, this is the best shampoo that gives you salon spa-like after-effects. This is a shampoo that’s most often recommended by hairstylists. It’s an efficient shampoo for straightened hair that restores, controls, tames your locks, and smoothens the uncontrollable frizz that happens after straightening in the salon. It gently cleanses while maintaining the moisture content of the hair, repairing any damage caused by the chemical treatment.
- Enriched with Silk Amino Acids and Shea Butter.
- Paraben-Free Formula.
- Refreshing mild citrus fragrance.
- Cleans the hair while leaving it moisturized.
- Improves texture of the hair with regular use.
- It tames frizz and makes hair silky soft and smooth.
- Affordable professional smoothing shampoo.
- Contains SLES.
2. L’Oreal Professionnel X-Tenso Care Pro-Keratin Shampoo
There is a reason why this is so popular. It is one of the best L’Oreal Shampoo to use after Hair Smoothening. Needless to say, L’oreal Professionnel is a big name in the hairdressing industry that maintains the highest standards of quality. This X Tenso Shampoo is specifically designed to meet the needs of chemically treated hair with its moisture-rich formula. It repairs breakage and imparts shine and smoothness.
- Formulated with Pro-Keratin In-cell technology that reconstructs hair fiber.
- Infused with Botanical Extracts & Amino Acids to nourish and restore damaged hair.
- Eliminates excessive dryness and adds extra volume.
- Keeps hair fall in check.
- Control Frizz and smoothens the hair
- Gentle enough for regular hair as well.
- Contains Sulphates. But the X-Tenso Range has a sulphate free version as well which you can buy.
3. Wella Professional Invigo Nutri Enrich Deep Nourishing Shampoo
This is yet another big player in the Professional Salon market. Backed by more than 135 years of expertise, Wella Professionals creates high-performance hair care treatments for all needs. This Invigo Nutri Enrich Shampoo is a deeply nourishing and moisturizing shampoo for chemically treated hair. It restores optimum hydration and prevents further damage to your dry and stressed hair. Along with giving you soft hair that’s irresistible to touch.
- Nutri-Enrich Complex smoothens and softens hair.
- Formulated with Vitamin & Mineral Rich Goji Berry, Silk Extract, and Vitamin E.
- Further enriched with Peptides, Panthenol, and Oleic Acid.
- The shampoo smells so good with an elegant chypre mix of fruity & musky notes.
- Instantly moisturizes and deeply nourishes dry and stressed hair.
- Contains SLS.
4. Schwarzkopf Professional Bonacure Keratin Smooth Perfect Micellar Shampoo
If you are looking for something that’s more premium and used by leading salons everywhere, then you need to check out Schwarzkopf. This particular BC Bonacure Keratin Smooth Perfect Micellar Shampoo is a hair smoothing shampoo that instantly controls frizz and makes it more manageable. It makes your hair smoother, shinier, and easy to handle.
- Enriched with Keratin Smooth Technology and Apricot Kernel Oil to ensure long-lasting smoothness.
- Gentles cleanses while providing intensive moisture to the hair.
- Smoothens hair surface and reduces tangling by upto 70%.
- Prevents hair static.
- Suitable for thick, coarse, wavy, curly, unmanageable, and frizzy hair.
- Contains SLES.
5. Olaplex No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo
This is a sulphate free bond maintenance shampoo that’s highly moisturizing and reparative. It’s formulated with an innovative ingredient that’s available only for Olaplex products which protect, restores, strengthens, and nourishes your hair bonds. Thus making it one of the best shampoo to use after rebonding.
- Made with incredibly mild sulphate free surfactants derived from coconuts.
- Formulated with patented Olaplex Bond Builder Chemistry.
- Repairs and maintain bonds within the hair.
- Highly moisturizing and eliminates frizz & flyaways.
- Formulated with patented Olaplex bond builder chemistry, restores, repairs and hydrates to add incredible shine and manageability every time using shampoo.
- Reduces breakage and repairs damaged hair, split ends, and frizz.
- It’s Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Gluten-Free, Paraben Free, Phthalate Free, Nut Free, and Color Safe.
6. Moroccan Oil Moisture Repair Shampoo
Moroccan Oil Moisture Repair Shampoo is not only one of the best shampoo for straightened hair, but it’s also the best one for color-treated hair and smoothened hair. To simply say, the shampoo is great for anyone whose hair has been weakened and damaged by chemical processing or heat styling. This shampoo makes your hair a more bouncy, healthier look and gives you a salon spa result at your home.
- Enriched with Keratin Protein, Fatty Acids, and Argan Oil to strengthen broken strands.
- Helps repair damaged hair, restores moisture, increases elasticity and manageability.
- Has got an incredible smell that lingers post shampoo.
- Free of Sulphate, Paraben, Phosphate, Formaldehyde, and other harmful chemicals.
- Not for oily scalp.
7. Sebastian Professional Penetraitt Strengthening and Repair Shampoo
This strengthening shampoo from Sebastian Professionnel deeply repairs your hair for a super strong and silky soft style. It’s formulated with an active rescue system to repair stress caused by hair straightening chemicals and heat damage.
- Cleanses and strengthens damaged hair.
- Deeply penetrates to repair and reduce breakage.
- Enhances radiance and richness of chemically treated hair.
- Nourishes hair to make it more shiny, soft, and smooth
8. OGX Renewing + Argan Oil of Morocco Hydrating Hair Shampoo
If you are looking for a shampoo that’s infused with argan oil to maintain your straightened hair, then you need to try this shampoo. This OGX shampoo renews, restores, and strengthens your hair for silky soft, and shiny perfection.
- Enriched with precious blends of Cold Processed Argan Oil from Morocco and Silk Proteins to moisturize and soften hair.
- Paraben Free and Sulphate Free Surfactants.
- Improves hair strength and elasticity of the hair.
- Leaves your hair lush, soft, and divinely shiny.
- Has a very good fragrance.
- Does not lather much.
9. Tresemme Botanique Shampoo, Nourish & Replenish
Although not widely marketed as a shampoo for chemically treated hair, this is a great Tresemme Shampoo For Straightened Hair. Its advanced formula is salon quality and leaves your hair beautifully soft and highly nourished.
- Crafted with a rich botanical blend of Olive Oil and Camelia Oil.
- Gentles cleanses and nourishes hair.
- Controls frizz for up to 24 hours.
- Long-lasting fragrance.
- Safe for color-treated hair.
- Paraben and Dye Free.
- Very affordable.
- Contains SLES.
10. Palmer’s Coconut Oil Conditioning Shampoo
Lastly, we have a very affordable, easily available drugstore shampoo that is sulphate free and can be used by all hair types. The Palmer’s Coconut Oil Conditioning Shampoo is infused with a great number of natural ingredients to provide deep hydration for incredibly shiny and stronger hair. This is literally one of the best shampoos for smoothening hair.
- Formulated with ethically sourced Coconut Oil and Tahitian Monoi Oil.
- Rich creamy shampoo gently cleanses without interrupting its moisture balance.
- Also contains Keratin Protein and Vitamin E to repair damage and prevent breakage and split ends.
- Excellent for dry, damaged, and color-treated hair.
- Free of Phthalates, Mineral Oil, Parabens, Gluten, and Dyes.
These are some of the Best Shampoo For Straightened Hair. These can be also used by people who have undergone any other chemical treatments on their hair.