We all know sunscreens are the true warriors when it comes to skincare. But finding one that you like can be a nightmare and if you have very sensitive or acne-prone skin then mineral sunscreen is one of the safest options. Western mineral sunscreen has vigorous white casts which can even give a demon heart attack so Kbeauty stepped up the game. They not only care about protecting but also healing your skin from within.
Today we are going to talk about some of the Best Korean Mineral Sunscreen.
If you make a purchase through the links on our site, as an Amazon associate, we earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Table of Contents
Best Korean Mineral Sunscreen For Face
1. Dr.G Green Mild Up Sun
With Centella Asiatica Extract, this Dr.G Sun Cream is for someone who has extremely oily and acne-prone skin. The texture is not too thick, unlike some other mineral sunscreens on the market. This makes a great option for a nicely blended sunscreen. The nozzle works great for applying the three-finger rule. The sun cream gives a matte finish that stays put throughout the day and doesn’t produce excess oil on your skin even in hot and humid weather.
- Great for oily sensitive skin.
- Doesn’t have fragrance.
- Doesn’t feel heavy under makeup and doesn’t pill.
- Makeup stays longer.
- Offers SPF 50+ PA++++
- Can give a white cast on brown skin.
- Not great for someone with dry and patchy skin.
Price at the time of publication: $16 for 50 ml
2. Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish Sun Milk
This very popular makeup and skincare brand from Korea created a mineral sunscreen so popular that it sells 20 units per hour in the world. Yes, we are talking about Etude House’s Surprise Mild Airy Finish Sun Milk. Its texture is very runny and liquid. The white cast blends away after rubbing for 5 minutes. And this sunscreen helps with a tan like a charm. Also, this is one of the most inexpensive mineral options in the market. What do you need more?
The only con I can see is that it is very tough to take off. One needs to use a heavy double cleanse. But then that makes it a reliable sweatproof and waterproof sunscreen.
- 100% mineral sunscreen
- Matte finish which is great for very oily skin types.
- Little to almost no white cast.
- Blending is very easy.
- Doesn’t cling to textures and dry skin.
- Protects from the sun even if you don’t reapply as much.
- Infused with many plant extracts and seed oils that are great for overall skin health.
- Clings to dry patches and may not work for other skin types other than oily skin.
Price at the time of publication: $12 for 55ml
3. ONE THING Centella Moisturizing Sunscreen
With Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide, the broad protection, physical sunscreen gives a glowy yet non-oily look to the skin. It is a moisturizing sunscreen formulated with Centella Asiatica so if you have chronic dry but sensitive skin you can certainly give this product a major try. The ingredients list are clean and good for broken moisture barrier and soothing. The white cast range is zero to one in dark skin which goes away after blending it properly.
In addition, it’s a Vegan Friendly and Reel Safe Sunscreen
- Very soothing and helps with the broken skin barrier.
- Spreads away like a charm.
- Calms down red skin due to harsh weather conditions.
- Reapplying is very easy with the product.
- Hydrating and moisturizing.
- Free of perfume and essential oils.
- Reel Safe.
- Excellent for dry and sensitive skin.
- May not suit oily skin as it’s quite moisturizing on its own.
Price at the time of publication: $19.95 for 50ml
4. Make Prem UV Defense Me Calming Sunscreen
This sunscreen from Make Prem is great for someone who is looking for a 10-minute routine. All because of its beautiful light texture that doesn’t make a fuss and blends away easily in addition to giving the skin a healthy glow. It is a 100% Zinc Oxide-based sunscreen and is enriched with soothing ingredients such as Madecassocide, Bamboo extract, and Hyaluronic Acid. It’s a gentle sunscreen that doesn’t cause any eye irritation and works to tone down the skin’s redness in most cases. The formula helps to dry down active pimples as well.
- Mineral Sunscreen with Non-Nano Zinc Oxide.
- Contains soothing ingredients
- Doesn’t sting the eyes.
- Smooth and creamy leaves a natural glow.
- Waterproof enough and reapplying is very easy with this sunscreen.
- Good for oily, acne-prone, and sensitive skin types.
- Not that hydrating or moisturizing.
- The white cast is evident on brown skin.
5. Haruharu Wonder Black Rice Pure Mineral Relief Daily Sunscreen
Haruharu Wonder is a South Korean Vegan Skincare brand that has been making quite some buzz in the beauty industry in recent years for its unique fermented black rice range of products. This mineral sunscreen is one such great product from that range. I must say that it’s a power-packed sunscreen that has a diverse range of ingredients. It has Ceramide, Vitamin C, Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid, Floral, and Leaf Extracts, along with Black rice-infused Rice Bran Oil. This sunscreen is great for sensitive skin because it only has zinc oxide in the formula which provides ample sun protection. Reapplication is easy and the brand claims it can protect you from blue lights as well.
- Unscented, moisturizing, and hydrating sunscreen.
- Lightweight formula
- Gives a healthy look that’s not greasy.
- Loaded with excellent ingredients.
- Very little to no white cast which goes away after some time.
- Doesn’t cause eye irritation or pilling.
- Great for all skin types.
- Good pricing.
6. SOME BY MI Truecica Mineral Calming Tone-Up Suncream
This physical sunscreen has been on the market for quite some time. Although it has a major white cast and dry formula it can be very good if you are looking for a sunscreen that will not break you out. It has Centella Asiatica and other soothing ingredients in the formula which tone down redness and skin allergies. This is a typical Korean tone-up sun cream that gives a brightening effect. If you are someone who uses makeup and has fair and pale skin tones, you will love this sunscreen.
- Offers good sun protection with SPF 50+ PA++++.
- Helps with active pimples
- Works great to prevent the tan.
- Uses a non-nano physical filter.
- Has a calming and soothing effect.
- Good for oily acne-prone and sensitive skin
- Tones up the skin with a brightening effect.
- The white cast and tone-up effect may not work for medium and brown skin tones.
- Not fragrance-free.
7. Suntique I’m Safe For Sensitive Skin
What makes this mineral sunscreen most lovable is its essence serum-like runny texture. It’s light and spreads into the skin quite nicely. The Suntique Sunscreen has SPF 35 PA+++ and is suitable for gentle protection. This sunscreen is easily washable and is great for someone who isn’t into double cleansing. It’s great for even baby’s skin as it’s a gentle and mild formulation. It does have a minimal white cast which goes away after blending. The sunscreen is sensitive skin friendly and is free of synthetic fragrances and silicone oil that can cause acne in some people. The reapplication is also flawless due to this light texture.
- Mild and gentle.
- Very lightweight and easy to spread.
- Forgiving on the skin texture and dry patches.
- Little to no white cast or irritation on the eye.
- Cover up redness.
- Easily washable, with no need for double cleansing.
- Free of synthetic fragrances.
- EWG Safe
- Safe for babies and kids.
- Has Titanium Dioxide alone so it doesn’t provide broad-spectrum protection.
8. LabNo Cicaloe Relief Sun Milk SPF50+
This mineral sunscreen from Labno has the texture everybody dreams of. Spreadability is great and the white cast goes away after some time. It contains Madecassocide, Green Tea, and Aloe Vera which are great ingredients to calm down redness and soothe sunburnt skin. It gives a natural glowy finish that looks great on most skin types. Reapplying is like a breeze.
- Gives a natural non-oily glow.
- Offers great protection with SPF 50 PA++++
- Have Cica which helps to heal your skin from within.
- Light and moisturizing formula.
- Not widely available.
9. Benton Mineral Sun Cream SPF50
Benton Mineral Sun Cream has both Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide and comes with SPF 50 PA++++ so you don’t have to worry about its protection abilities. It has a watery moist cream texture that gives a burst of moisturization to the skin, in a good way for dry and dehydrated skin types. But can be heavy for oily skin types. It does leave a white cast and has a bunch of botanical extracts and fragrances. The newer “skin fit” sunscreen seems to be a better option despite the popularity of this original version.
- Works great for sensitive skin and oily acne-prone skin.
- Having zinc oxide in the formula it helps with active pimples.
- Makes your skin matte and oil-free.
- Doesn’t pill under makeup
- Can be heavy for some.
- Contains fragrances that may not suit sensitive skin.
These are some of the Best Korean Mineral Sunscreens that you might want to check out. We hope you found this post helpful.
Parama Sarkar is an enthusiastic skincare aficionado with a pen mightier than a wrinkle cream! She has been writing beauty content for TheBeautyInsideout for more than 5 years. She has a keen interest in Korean Beauty and loves experimenting and sharing her beauty experiences with us.